. The student employee will perform various administrative and research tasks as necessary to help IFLG pursue its mission. Job responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, assisting the IFLG director and staff and the Masters in Public Administration (MPA) Director in:
- Maintenance and enhancement of various Access databases used by IFLG and the MPA program
- Maintenance and enhancement of IFLG’s and MPA web sites,LinkedIn and Facebook sites
- Research and logistical support for IFLG seminars and technical assistance projects
- Communication with IFLG clients and other stakeholder groups
- Attendance of IFLG seminars and events
- Establishing communication with the MPA alumni
- Designing and establishing procedures for updating the MPA newsletter
- Logistical support for MPA events
- Assisting the IFLC and MPA directors with other issues arising
The student employee will have the opportunity to meet and interact with local elected officials from throughout Southeast Michigan, representatives from key organizations involved in school district and municipal issues, and experts in topical areas covered by IFLG’s services.
The applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- Student in good standing at the University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Cumulative grade point average of B or better in college courses
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Enthusiasm and networking skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, web design software, and social media
- Federal Work Study award
- Familiarity with, and experience in applying, some qualitative and quantitative research methods
Approximately 15-20 hours per week, to begin as soon as possible.
The hourly compensation is competitive and will be negotiated based upon skills and experience of candidate.
Interested candidates must apply through umjobs.org
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.