How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Screen, route, and respond to phone inquiries from patients, staff, referring physicians, and the public. Obtain and verify patient registration demographic information and obtain accurate patient insurance information, updating as necessary by contacting the registration department.
- Schedule, reschedule, and manage complex clinic schedules for Vestibular Testing Center audiologists and physician
- therapists, for various types of audiological assessments, and for otologists per patient and/or staff request.
- Manage referral workqueues and appointment waitlist in MiChart.
- Coordinate pre-op, post-op and follow up visits with other Otolaryngology clinics.
- Triage patient phone calls to determine needs. Collect and document patient symptom information for patients being referred for services, and schedule accordingly once they have been reviewed and approved. Mail patient itineraries, including new patient letters and related materials.
- Greet patients arriving for clinic visits, verify appointment status, and process electronic check in. Ensure completeness of patient questionnaires prior to patient being seen by clinician. Process electronic check out and assist patients in
- scheduling follow-up appointments as necessary.
- Obtain insurance authorizations for appointments; request insurance authorization as required by UHMS ad enter
- referral/authorization information into MiChart.
- Manage incoming faxes. Scan outside documents into MiChart.
- Actively participate in discussions designed to enhance clinic flow in coordination with Clinic manager, other staff, and
- clinicians, and proactively identify opportunities for improving service to patients and clinicians.
- Conduct additional projects and duties as assigned and directed by Clinic Manager.
- High school diploma
- 2-3 years experience in an outpatient clinical setting with knowledge of medical terminology and insurance procedures
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for interacting with audiologists, physical therapists, office personnel, patients, family members, physicians, nursing staff, and the general public.
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of outstanding customer-focused service.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities in a busy clinical setting, possessing strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Must have strong organizational and time management
- Skills as well as ability to prioritize in order to manage daily responsibilities in a highly specialized department.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated record of excellent attendance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- College-level education
- Prior experience working with electronic scheduling systems, ideally with MiChart/Epic
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.