The Congenital Heart Center at the University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital is currently seeking a full time Patient Services Associate to support the Pediatric Cardiology Electrocardiography lab and to provide administrative support to various clerical and medical staff to ensure an efficient and expedient experience for the patient and their family.
Float to cover all clerical areas within the Pediatric Cardiology clinic and provide coverage for the medical assistants as needed in the event of absences, breaks and lunch.
Provide exemplary customer service to patients, faculty and staff.
- Check-In/Check-out coverage.
- Check-In/Check-Out patients.
- Collect co-pays, balances and office visit charges.
- Schedule, reschedule and cancel appointments.
- EKG/MRI/Echo scheduling/billing coverage.
- Schedule inpatient and outpatient diagnostic testing appointments.
- Accurately prepare billing for processing.
- Facilitate reading of outside EKGs and Echos.
- Coordinate with Radiology to schedule cardiac MRIs.
- Coordinated Care & Cath/EP scheduling coverage
- Schedule and facilitate appointments for procedural patients.
- Medical Assistants coverage.
- Room patient and obtain vitals.
- Maintain patient flow.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare for clinic.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls to appropriate area.
- Maintain office supply stock for clerical areas.
- Scanning, faxing, filing.
- Participate in the development of clinical goals and objectives by observing and recommending new or revised policies, procedures or methods.
- Other duties as assigned by the Clinic Intermediate Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 -3 years of experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
- Communicates effectively.
- Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, problem solve and work cooperatively with faculty and staff.
- Strong attention to detail, multitasking, accountability and follow through abilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also able to take direction while successfully managing the clinic needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and positive image and attitude when interacting patients, faculty, and staff.
- Responds positively to change, showing willingness to learn new ways to work.
- Flexible and able to switch between tasks efficiently and accurately.
- 1-2 years experience in a medical setting.
- Proficient in MiChart.
Monday-Friday Hours 8AM-5PM
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.