To perform basic tests and procedures under the close supervision of medical and allied health staff.
- Provide exceptional patient service.
- Stock and maintain exam and treatment rooms
- Scribe for physician
- Calibrate, clean and maintain equipment
- Input of patient information
- Communicate delays to patients
- Perform visual fields and other minor patient testing
- Consenting patients for surgery
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Respectful and compassionate attitude
- Collaborative and collegial, demonstrates integrity
- High School graduation
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and 0-1 years of experience
- Keyboarding skills
-Formal MA program
-Associates Degree in Health area
-Experience in field of Ophthalmology.
-Electronic Medical Record experience.
-Dependent on Clinical hours
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The Kellogg Eye Center of the University of Michigan is dedicated to enhancing quality of life by preserving and restoring vision. Our guiding principles are teamwork, caring, innovation and integrity.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.