How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position plays a critical role in providing high quality support to the NP Nurse Managers including complex calendar management, and also provides administrative support to the APN practice including supporting committees, updating APRN websites, creating, tracking and organizing documents, providing back up to the assistant to the director, P-Card management and reconciliation, processing Concur reimbursements, and additional duties as delegated. May be responsible for defined parts of small projects or phases of larger projects.
- Associate's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Minimum four years’ relevant office experience.
- Demonstrated advanced competence with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with P-Card management and reconciliation.
- Experience with Concur reimbursement.
- Demonstrated success with working on complex, long-term projects and preparing data and reports as scheduled.
- Ability to perform at a high-level within a team setting with a strong willingness to support co-workers and staff.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively, cooperatively and professionally with a diverse group.
- Must be extremely accurate and detail oriented, along with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously with numerous interruptions.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and work under pressure, with strong time management skills.
- Must take pride and ownership of assigned responsibilities, and demonstrate ability to work independently with a positive attitude.
- Familiarity with the University of Michigan Health System Policies and Practices
- Familiarity with APRN practice
- Experience with Adobe Dreamweaver
- Experience with databases and surveys
40 hours a week, full time days, Monday – Friday
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.