Under general supervision, provide general administrative support for the entire Child & Family Life Department, and serve as a member of the administrative team. The duties and responsibilities include a wide range of office work such as:
- Answering/triaging general inquiries via phone/email and responding to email@example.com emails; management of call in line and recording of staff absences
- Calendar/scheduling management for Child Life director and Child Life supervisors
- Coordination & scheduling of annual staff meetings, monthly committee/clinical team/supervision meetings, and various ad hoc meetings
- CFL supply ordering, payment of invoices & pcard reconciliation, including assisting staff with expense reports
- Assisting w/ donor related activities including: depositing donor checks, writing thank you letters, assisting with annual reports to donors, tracking donor information from weekly gift report, Kiwanis convention planning
- Assist with maintaining/updating HR information & blue folders
- Work with Mott Community Relations regarding triangle sales benefiting CFL, including managing payroll deductions, paying invoices from vendors and tracking/depositing sales fees
- Other general office duties as necessary
- Occasional support of CW Administration when needed to include administrative staff support, covering phones, calendaring, ordering, etc.
- High school graduate or an equivalent and at least two years of experience.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree and have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking skills and ability to work independently and regularly exercise judgment in setting priorities.
- Ability to compose and produce professional correspondence.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- The candidate will also possess basic email and calendaring system skills and have reasonable knowledge of University Policies and Procedures.
Monday - Friday, 8 - 4:30pm
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.