How to Apply
Please apply to this posting and also forward your letter of intent describing your specific interests in this position and skills and experiences directly related to this position, the names of three referees and your cirrent curriculum vitae to: Manjunath (Amit) P. Pai, PharmD, Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, Deputy Director of the PK Core, College of Pharmacy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Postdoctoral Fellow, Quantitative Systems Pharmacology
We seek a highly motivated individual with a Ph.D. in systems biology/pharmacology modeling, biochemical engineering or other related field. The postdoctoral fellow will be located at the University of Michigan, North Campus Research Complex in Ann Arbor (MI), a world-class center of pharmaceutical and biotech research. The position is within the Pharmacokinetics Core laboratory (www.pkcore.org) and includes collaborations with personnel across the cancer targeted research programs under the directorship of Dr. Duxin Sun (pharmacy.umich.edu/sun-lab). The individual will build quantitative systems pharmacology model(s) to yield an understanding of how structural modifications alter biodistribution of novel chemical entities. The individual will work in a highly stimulating and multi-disciplinary environment and will have interactions with biologists, precision medicine scientists, clinical pharmacologists, and clinicians. In addition to computational model development, the individual will also have an opportunity to influence experimental designs towards data generation.
• Create a multi-scale systems model describing biodistribution of novel chemical entities based on in-house data
• Develop linkage between biodistribution and resulting in vivo tumor response
• Apply data mining tools to obtain information on intracellular pathways relevant to cancer biology
• Identify relevant data (in-vitro, in-vivo preclinical and clinical trial data) for model identification, optimization, and validation
• Design experiments aimed towards generating data for model validation and testing of relevant hypotheses
• Effectively communicate model results and outcomes to scientists in non-quantitative disciplines
• Write scientific publications and present at internal and external scientific meetings
Ph.D. in systems biology/pharmacology modeling, biochemical engineering or other related field
Hands-on experience with modeling software like Simcyp, GastroPlus, MatLab/Simbiology, or NONMEM etc. is required
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.