Market Title: Patient Services Assistant
Working Title: Patient Services Assistant (Check in/Check out)
Schedule: M-F, 8:30-5:00 (times may vary)
Provide clinic operational support to a complex multiple physicians’ practice in an adult ambulatory care setting to the Kidney, Pancreas Lung and Liver Transplant, General Hepatology and General Surgery and Ultrasound.
- Schedule patient appointments with patients and/or referring clinic.
- Monitor waiting area activity and assure a clean, organized, and safe environment.
- Promote personal comfort and convenience of patients and families by routinely checking their needs.
- Provide information regarding hospitals and community services as needed.
- Process and compile patient paperwork for exams and clinical staff.
- Answer incoming phone calls and triage to appropriate location.
- Accurately record any phone messages and assure they are forwarded appropriately.
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments.
- Utilize paging system to contact appropriate staff as required.
- Prepare patient itinerary and all other appropriate correspondence
High School Diploma or GED.
0 -2 years of experience.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team setting.
Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
Familiarity with UMHS electronic medical record systems.
Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.