How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Occupational Health Services (OHS) Department is seeking candidates for the position of Administrative Manager. The successful candidate will provide leadership and professional expertise to OHS to assure the effective delivery of occupational health services to UM faculty and staff, promote a positive work environment and patient satisfaction.
- Work with the OHS Medical Director to plan, organize and manage the day-to-day administrative operations of the Occupational Health Services clinic, including resource allocation and budget management.
- Interview, hire, promote, coach and evaluate OHS staff, including patient services associates, fit testers, medical assistants, registered nurses, etc.
- Monitor and ensure required staff training and certifications are kept up-to-date, as well as written policies and procedures.
- Monitor patient satisfaction and address patient complaints.
- Develop, communicate and facilitate the achievement of operational objectives.
- Provide day-to-day administrative leadership for the effective and efficient delivery of clinical services, effective communication and coordination between staff and physicians, exemplary customer service, and appropriate documentation of services.
- Collaborate, facilitate and consult with other administrative professionals in Michigan Medicine.
- Work with the Senior Director for University Health and Well-Being Services, the Medical Director for OHS and other key stakeholders to develop long-range and annual plans for occupational health services in alignment with the University’s values and goals for faculty and staff health and well-being.
- Represent the department to Michigan Medicine and campus departments, fostering and enhancing working relationships with customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health care or business administration field or equivalent combination of education and experience, and considerable professional experience with reasonable prior management, supervisory or team leader experience is required
- Prior demonstrably successful management/supervisory experience
- Previous clinic operations experience
- Ability to make independent judgements and decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent work ethic and attendance record
- Knowledge of and experience with occupational health and/or urgent care settings
- Broad-based knowledge of Michigan Medicine Policies and Procedures and the ability to make independent decisions when interpreting these policies.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.