How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position will provide advanced administrative assistance for the agency which includes:
- 34 licensed professional permanent staff
- 3 clerical staff
- 19 advanced professionals-in-training
The Administrative Assistant will provide assistance for various projects the agency is involved in, and day-to-day activities for the office.
This position will provide administrative support to the Director of Counseling and Psychological Services, and the overall office, requiring discretion. It will also be part of a team which works together to support the department efficiently and professionally, assisting students, and staff.
In addition, this position involves coordination and support for campus-wide activities the Director and the agency is involved in.
Administrative – 60%
- Support all needs for the implementation and on-going work of the Embedded model and Embedded staff of the agency
- Create and maintain administrative files and databases
- Coordinate the use of facilities, services, and equipment.
- Assist in development, implementation and interpretation of routine unit policies.
- Maintain calendars for Director including scheduling appointments and meetings.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, for the Director and all agency staff
- Coordinate events, seminars, meetings including reserving venue and catering correspondence, registration, and materials.
Financial – 15%
- Coordinate and support departmental budgets and work consistently with Student Life Finance personnel
- Coordinate materials for the preparation of budget proposals and quarterly statements
- Coordinate P-Card statement documentation
- P-Card vendor payments and reconciliation
Procurement – 10%
- Prepare and process travel and expense reports for all staff and trainees
- Coordinate all expenditures for departmental travel.
- Review and verify vendor invoices and University payment forms
- Support purchasing needs of the agency
- Confirm accuracy of invoice and account numbers, terms and amounts.
Human Resources – 15%
- Support all HR needs of the office, in conjunction with Student Life HR processes, office, and personnel
- Coordinate Student and Temporary Hiring with Student Life Human Resources
- Review time keeping documentation for all staff
- Coordinate Job Posting documentation for permanent departmental positions
- Coordinate Intern and Research Fellow hiring
- Organize Moving and Relocation documentation for new staff members
- Associates degree
- 2 - 4 years of administrative experience in performing responsible office duties
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Knowledge of organizational operations, procedures, and personnel (Concur, Google, Procurement rules, P-card guidelines). Experience with Concur and Wolverine Access.
PLEASE NOTE: Relocation will not be offered for this position.
This position requires:
- Possessing a consistent service-oriented attitude
- Interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to be a strong team player
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrate professional attitude
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a high production office
- Attention to detail, high degree of accuracy and a commitment to confidentiality
Experience exercising good judgment in the application of UM policies, procedures and methods
This position provides back up support for the front desk.
NOTE: This position involves occasional evening hours on Monday – Thursday between 5:00 – 7:00 pm from September – April!
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.