Communication and Respect:
Research and Quality Improvement:
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted under the Role-Specific Advancement Model (RSAM) as:
Actual RSAM LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
RSAM levels range from CCC-COMPETENT to CCC-EXPERT TO CCC-MASTERY.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period.
Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort.
Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
- A current licensure as a Registered Nurse to practice in the State of Michigan
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Recent experience with medical oncology melanoma patients
- Recent experience in patient care coordination
- Demonstrated ability to practice independently, set goals, promote teamwork.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, efficiently, and communicate well with others (including peers) as measured by interview, references and performance evaluations.
- Demonstrated abilities in interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and problem solving skills within all levels of the health care team, as evidenced by interviews, documentation, writing skills and references
Note: Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
- One to Two (1-2) years RN experience in oncology, in the outpatient ambulatory care setting
- Certification by OCN.
- Recent experience with oncology/hematology, chemotherapy management, patient education and symptom management.
- Proven leadership ability including: initiative and creativity as evidenced by previous employment reference.
Hours: 40 hrs/wk
Shift: Day Shift, Monday - Friday, flexibility in hours required
Location: University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center: Gold Team - Medical Oncology/Melanoma
All new employees will be expected to float to a designated unit(s) in times of low census.
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union, which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.