To perform basic and advanced tests and procedures under the close supervision of medical and allied health staff.
Perform the duties of an ophthalmic assistant/intern as well as:
- Refraction, basic ophthalmic photography, ocular motility, basic slit lamp exam.
- Triage and complex history taking
- Electronic Medical Record proficient.
- Assist in minor surgery and complex treatment room procedures.
- Calibrate, clean and maintain ophthalmic equipment and instruments
- Assist in reviewing schedules and schedule patient testing
- Stock rooms with needed supplies.
- Perform as a float technician to satellite clinics as needed.
- Assist in teaching, training and orienting of new employees and ophthalmic assistants.
- Assist in preparing and updating Clinical Orientation manuals and Procedural Manuals.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
- High School graduation
- Collaborative and collegial, demonstrates integrity.
- Respectful and compassionate attitude.
- Certification at the COA level.
- Minimum of 2-5 years full time work experience at the Ophthalmic Assistant level.
- Keyboarding skills
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- College degree in a Health field.
- Monday- Friday
- Hours: Dependent on Clinical need - 40 hours per week.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The Kellogg Eye Center of the University of Michigan is dedicated to enhancing quality of life by preserving and restoring vision. Our guiding principles are teamwork, caring, innovation and integrity.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.