We are seeking a data architect to assist us with developing a large electronic health record data repository of patients with ocular diseases. The data architect will help tap into Clarity to extract relevant clinical variables from the EPIC electronic health record, clean and organize the data in a format to facilitate analysis of the data. The data architect will also assist with linking data from the repository to other internal and external data sources. The data architect will spend most of his or her time working with clinicians and biostatisticians in the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences but will also spend a little time working with other data architects at the university on projects outside of ophthalmology.
- Design and development of complex database queries for researchers
- Join data from various systems, disparate databases into a cohesive set for analytics
- Maintain documentation of decisions made during the build of SQL queries
- Adhere to data quality processes to ensure product is valid and reproducible
- Work with a team of diverse, motivated individuals toward a shared mission
- Strong analytical, time-management, problem-solving and decision making abilities
- Experience with translating information requirements into SQL code
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with competing data needs
- Candidate must be committed to data security and the protection of sensitive information with demonstrated knowledge of applicable data use and sharing safeguards
- Proactive and creative techniques in solving researchers’ problems
- Positive attitude, ability to work well with others and independently
- 3-5 years' of professional experience.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience with formal SAP training and certifications preferred
- 5-10 years experience directly related to the responsibilities specified
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The Kellogg Eye Center seeks to improve lives through curing, preventing and treating eye disease. Guiding Principles: Teamwork, Caring, Innovation, and Integrity
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.