The student assistant works closely with University of Michigan-Dearborn’s Communications and Marketing team to help promote the university through various communications and marketing efforts. This individual has a range of responsibilities, including assisting with the university’s growing social media efforts and marketing research and planning.
- Working on social media and implementing strategies to encourage current and prospective student involvement. Efforts include: monitoring community activity, posting/tweeting, recommending/creating content and graphics, covering events and reporting/analytics.
- Assist with marketing research and planning, including reviewing higher education marketing trends, researching advertising opportunities and costs and participating in marketing brainstorming conversations.
- Writing basic news releases and campus life feature articles, and researching local news outlets for student news.
- Additional responsibilities include general office support and assistance with special projects as needed.
- Enrolled as a University of Michigan-Dearborn student
- An overall passion for UM-Dearborn and a tie to the pulse of student life on campus
- Social media management and engagement experience with working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and Snapchat
- An understanding of and interest in key marketing principles
- Excellent communications skills and Internet research skills
- Reliability to follow schedule as determined and ability to occasionally cover night and weekend events
- Willingness to collaborate with a team of communications professionals and interest in learning and advancing personal knowledge of industry best practices
10-15/week with flexible schedule, some night/weekends necessary
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.