The Internal Medicine Residency Program is currently seeking a part-time Financial Assistant to join its support team. This position is located in the Taubman Center.
The person will provide highly responsible financial functions for the Residency Program, process matters of a highly sensitive or confidential nature and represent the program to University management, external agencies and the public regarding general administrative and operational matters.
- Act as a Concur delegate for Program Directors, Program Administrator, Program Coordinators and Internal Medicine House Officers, including processing mileage and expense reimbursements in accordance with the House Officer Association contract and within financial guidelines.
- Reconcile PCards for all program leadership.
- Manage all HOA contract expenditures for house officers, including calculating holiday pay for submission to the GME office.
- Arrange travel and process registrations for annual APDIM conferences for program leadership and for the ACP conference for Chief Medical Residents
- Coordinate expenses and travel/accommodation needs associated with visiting professors, including processing honorarium.
- Track and facilitate resident research funds and educational allowance for CMRs.
- Organize and process payments for multiple program expenses.
- Monitor Office supplies for the Program office and replenish as necessary.
- Assist with office projects as directed by Program Administrator.
Admin Asst Associate & Intermediate level:
- Bachelor's degree and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and dependability are essential.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully work with all levels of faculty, staff and students.
Addtional Requirements for the Intermediate level:
- Experience with DataMart
- Working knowledge of Concur for PCard reconciliation and expense reports.
- Financial experience
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.