The Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute is currently recruiting for a Research Laboratory Technician to work in a new laboratory. The Research Technician will work closely with the Principal Investigator and other lab members to build a lab from the ground up and will play an integral role in studies exploring neural circuits underlying behaviors such as feeding, sleep, and learning. Research in the lab will involve neuroanatomy, electrophysiology, optogenetics, and in vivo two-photon imaging. The Research Technician can expect excellent training and mentorship towards a career in science.
NOTE: Position start date of approximately January 8th, 2018
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lab administrative/organizational work - ordering, inventory, interacting with lab safety, setting up and maintaining equipment.
- Research work – Histology, microscopy, genotyping, mouse colony maintenance, mouse surgery, and mouse training.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years' lab experience outside of normal course work.
- Must be creative, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work as part of a team for general lab duties.
- Must be comfortable working with mice.
- Experience with behavioral neuroscience research, including with specific techniques: mouse husbandry, genotyping, histology, microscopy, and mouse behavioral training.
- Experience with coding in Matlab and/or Python, as well as familiarity with electronics would be beneficial.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.