How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Anesthesiology is looking for a qualified candidate for the position of Research Coordinator Healthcare to join our team. This position is a key component within the Division of Pain Research and will coordinate enrollment into various studies including the newly launched PRISM Study, which is a randomized controlled trial to assess two self-management programs for chronic pain. The ideal candidate will be able to screen clinic schedules efficiently for potential study subjects, obtain informed consent, collect study data including questionnaires and biological samples, enter and manage research data and ensure regulatory compliance. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively with faculty and staff in multiple departments to ensure compliance with the protocols. This person will be a liaison between participants and principal investigators. The candidate will work closely with other coordinators, research assistants, project manager, as well as principal investigators. Candidate must be team oriented and willing to carry out all tasks and communications in a positive manner. Candidate must also possess a commitment to UMHS core values.
- Efficiently screen, recruit, enroll and retain subjects for research projects; Collect, process, store and ship blood; Collect urine for pregnancy tests; Closely follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and log all activities
- Report weekly on subject enrollment and progress and ensuring compliance with Good Clinical Practice guidelines
- Effectively collect and manage patient questionnaire and clinical data for research projects; Create, enter, and maintain data into an electronic database system for analysis; Maintain all essential documents including responsible completion of case report forms and accurate source documentation; Maintain regulatory compliance; Update and maintain IRB (amendments, ORIOS, etc.)
- Monitor studies’ progress toward goals and suggest resource modification if needed; Assist and coordinate study visits/activities; Oversee and update SOPs; Train and assist with supervising students and other trainees assigned to assist with studies
- Other duties as assigned including, but not limited to manuscript preparation, poster creation, and constructing graphs, figures and tables
Bachelor’s degree; At least 3 years’ experience conducting clinical trials; Regulatory responsibilities and working with a clinical research team; Excellent coordination, organization, time management, and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member; Strong interpersonal skills including superior ability to maintain positive relationships and engage study participants; Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel; Ability to work independently, as well as in a team setting.
- Experience with SPSS (or other statistical programs), OnCore and Qualtrics; Knowledge of University of Michigan policies and procedures; Familiarity with MiChart and Centricity
- Laboratory blood processing skills
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.