This position will support Ypsilanti Health Center and will assist with clinic efforts related to improving clinic operations and the patient experience. In collaboration with clinic leadership and staff, this role will strengthen our ability to analyze clinic processes in a way that employs the knowledge and creativity of our entire team to make positive, collaborative, and data driven decisions. In addition, this role will work on managing all aspects of Maggie's Marketplace and other projects as assigned.
The primary responsibilities for this role will be as follows:
- Prioritize clinic needs for process analysis in collaboration with clinic leadership and staff to determine where efforts should be focused
- Lead and manage multiple projects as needed for clinic process improvements, simultaneously, with the ability to prioritize projects
- Act as the Clinic Lead for Daily Huddle, Lean in Daily Work, Lean Team discussions, facilitating regular meetings
- Act as the Clinic Lead for Patient and Family Advisory Council activities
- Work in collboration with Clinic Panel Manager to ensure that quality improvement measures remain on track
- Manage projects with documentation and the ability to report out at various meetings
Candidates for this role must possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 years of experience
- Solid undestanding of Lean processes and principals in operations analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong active listening ability
- Through understanding of Ypsilanti Health Center clinic operations
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to manage multipe projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead a diverse team of professionals from project inception to completion, working with mutiple stakeholders at various levels of the institution, and collaborating with other key partners outside the institution.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- Demonstrated information technology skills.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
This position is located at YHC, 200 Arnet Street, Suite 200, in Ypsilanti
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.