How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as page one of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Under general direction of faculty and senior research personnel, this individual will be responsible for recruitment of study participants to a grant-funded research project screening pediatric participants for pre-diabetes and diabetes and assisting with the project management of other diabetes-related research projects. This will include data cleaning and analysis and preparation of manuscripts related various research projects in the Division of General Pediatrics.
- Perform participant recruitment
- Conduct literature reviews
- Assist in data cleaning and analyses
- Assist with writing and editing manuscripts and reports
- Assist in preparing presentations
- Project management
- Other duties as assigned by Principal Investigator or Project Coordinator in line with project goals
- Bachelor degree in the sciences or social sciences or equivalent work experience 1-3 years related research experience
- Proficiency in conducting literature reviews in PubMed and other similar databases
- Proficiency in the use of EndNote, MS Office: MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attendance, ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately, manage deadlines without undue stress and exercise good judgment
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime during the posting period.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.