To assist surgical team at the Cardiovascular Center operating rooms during operative procedures, by preparing sterile equipment for the operation and passing instruments, sponges and sutures to the operating team. Assist with inventory, sterilization of instruments, prepare and select equipment for procedures, transfer of patients as needed, turnover and transfer of instruments to CSR/Decontamination and putting equipment back in place. Other duties as assigned.
- Certification and/or satisfactory completion of an equivalent Surgical Technology training program.
- Four or more years of experience as a Surgical Technologist is required for the Senior level Surgical Technologist.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer relations
- Must have a commitment to contributing to a positive department culture.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team in addition to being able to take direction.
- Able to prioritize tasks quickly.
- Call commitment with a 30 minute response rate.
- Ability to scrub cardiac, general thoracic and vascular services.
Full time, 40hrs
Midnights, with weekend and holiday on-call/ shift obligations.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.