Call Center Representative Associate serving the Division of Gastroenterology.
Description: Basic clerical tasks that require proper telephone technique, basic typing, computer and data entry skills. Confirm and update patient care team information such as referring and/or Primary Care Physician information. Gather and verify caller demographics, insurance and other pertinent information. Obtain managed care referrals and/or authorizations. Provide patient with information regarding their balances. Maintains and tabulates appointment data as needed. Notify patients of appointment changes. Perform unit resource open/closing duties and update clinic calendar. Prepare patient itinerary and all other appropriate correspondence for mailing. Accurately Schedule/Reschedule appointments in Cadence with documentation. Initiate or follow up on telephone encounter messages in MiChart as needed. Contribute with the annual template implementation for new providers in Cadence. Use the Gastroenterology Call Center website to obtain information. Use all of the functions within the Aspect phone system, EPIC / MiChart Cadence scheduling system, Accuroute Fax server, and transcribing referrals.
- High school education or equivalent and 0-2 years of experience
- Adheres to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility and consistently shares information and resources with others.
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Effective time management skills/consistently uses available time effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (e.g. ability to provide and receive constructive feedback, seeks constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues).
- The ability to pay close attention to details, multi-task, and to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to pass customer service quiz. Ability to use proper grammar and spell accurately. Able to work in a fast paced customer friendly environment.
- Clerical experience, preferably in a medical setting.
- Basic medical terminology (may be tested).
- Customer service and / or account representative experience.
- MiChart /Cadence /Epic system experience
- Previous experience in an ambulatory care clinical setting
- Knowledge of University and Department of Internal Medicine policies and procedures
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (hours may vary)
North Campus Administrative Complex (NCAC)
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.