How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Penny W. Stamps School of Art & Design seeks a Photo and Video Producer to create still photos and videos that will capture the excellence of our public programs, creative projects, teaching methods, courses, and research. Photos and videos play an integral role in the Stamps School’s integrative, multi-channel marketing campaigns for undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions, development, alumni relations, and public relations. The Photo and Video Producer will play a vital role on a small, highly collaborative team, reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing. Please note: This is a half-time, 1-year term-limited appointment.
- Work collaboratively to identify and shape visual communications for the School, based upon ongoing needs and overarching strategy, as prioritized by supervisor.
- Participate in collaborative team vision-building for creative campaigns with cross-departmental partners.
- Manage and execute all photo and video pre-production scheduling, production, and post-production in a highly professional and collegiate manner with an emphasis on on-time, on-budget delivery of creative assets of exceptional quality.
- Adhere to brand guidelines, standards, voice, and style.
- Provide technical and creative support/collaboration for paid content marketing initiatives involving video on social media.
- Execute all aspects of Stamps video production, including recording of interviews, b-roll acquisition, live events, and streaming initiatives.
- Execute all aspects of Stamps photo acquisition, including documentation of class and studio activities, event photography, and exhibition documentation.
- Execute all photo and video post-production, including editing, color correction, sound mixing, motion graphics, and voice-over recording.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications and Marketing to identify and provide assets to spec for broadcast opportunities.
- Contract with independent production crews and freelance “B-shooters” as needed.
- Maintain a Stamps video and photo archive and corresponding database of all acquired assets to ensure they are easily identified and accessible for future use throughout the organization.
- Supervise student support staff as necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree with major in video, broadcast media, or new media design plus 2-5 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Evidence of strong photo/video creation skills.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Evidence of reliability, punctuality, flexibility, and ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Interest in issues related to art, design, culture, and higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an intensive, diverse environment dedicated to staying abreast of consumer behavior, campaign benchmarking, and industry best practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience with / knowledge base around live video streaming.
- Experience effectively working on multiple, diverse projects simultaneously and for creating innovative work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to take creative direction and designing within brand guidelines.
- Excellent creative thinking skills.
- Adaptability to new technology or communications avenue.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Proven experience producing finished content in a professional setting.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures a plus.
The salary range for this position is $40,000-$45,000 (full-time rate); 50% appointment.
20.00, weekdays with occasional evenings/weekend shoots (50% Appointment); 1-year term-limited appointment.
Functional supervision may be exercised over a departmental part-time student assistant.
Director of Communications & Marketing
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.