The Northville Health Center is an Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The 2-story facility is located at the corner of 7 Mile and Haggerty in Northville Township. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Work with the Adult Primary and Specialty care teams in a fast paced outpatient setting, support primary care. Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families by performing clinical processes that result in the management of efficient patient flow. Selected candidate must excel in patient intake, information gathering, direct patient care, data entry, patient preparation for procedures, medication administration, clinical support to providers, patient follow-up, and prescription management. Other responsibilities include: taking vital signs, injections, EKGs, performing and or assisting simple diagnostic tests and procedures, collecting specimens, sterilization/cleaning of equipment, supply stocking, and maintenance of patient care areas. Operate and monitor patient care equipment; set up instruments/supplies in exam and treatment rooms and provide information to patients as directed. Perform patient care administrative tasks as needed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Graduation of a Medical Assistant program
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology,
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, and/or transferring patients.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- They must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demonstrate ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate problem solving skills, proficient computer and keyboarding skills, and excellent attendance.
- Must demonstrate active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills.
- Experience within an ambulatory setting and/or working within a large, complex health care setting
- Experience with an electronic medical record
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
- Experience with Adult Patients
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting.
Monday- Friday with some evening shifts and rotating Saturdays
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.