How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Scheduling and Registration
- May schedule appointments in clinic as appropriate.
- Determine existence of previous registration and assure data is registered accurately.
- With each patient visit obtain and verify insurance and financial information using appropriate systems of verification.
Billing and Collections
- Complete financial documents including type of visit, reason for service, charge for service and diagnostic code.
- Collect cash and credit card payments form patients using established guidelines to determine patient pay portion, insurance portion of professional courtesy as assigned.
- Run, review and work various production reports as required to review productivity, correct problems.
- Provide information to patient regarding billing procedures.
- Reconcile daily collections.
Experience in a medical or dental healthcare environment. Experience in entering patient information in an electronic health information system. Demonstrate cashiering and reconciling daily receipts experience. Provide excellent customer service and be able to respond to patient concerns in a professional manner. Excellent communication skills. Excellent punctuality and attendance record. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent attention to detail. Excellent ability to multitask.
This position is located at the School of Dentistry at 1011 N University Ave.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
MDentistry: Advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
MDentistry Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity, Inclusion
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by: -Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences. -Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.