Provide comprehensive, highly responsible and skilled administrative support to Neurology faculty with a service- oriented attitude and attention to detail.
Neurology Faculty Support
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support for the academic responsibilities Neurology Faculty.
- Effectively manage the daily electronic calendar of Neurology Faculty who need this support; anticipate and resolve conflicts and deadlines. Schedule meetings.
- Answer, screen, handle and/or route all program business telephone, fax and email communications. Track messages and assist with responses.
- Word process/format/edit a variety of correspondence and performs document management for manuscripts, abstracts, protocols, grant reviews, minutes, etc.
- Prepare grant Proposal Approval Forms (PAFs) in coordination with the Research Office and with faculty guidance; track grant due dates and send regular reminders.
- Process equipment purchases, material transfer agreements, patent applications.
- Regularly update all faculty reference databases, curriculum vitae, NIH other support documents, and resource pages.
- Organize and distribute incoming/outgoing mail. Open/prioritize faculty mail and assist with follow-up.
- Complete business travel arrangements, including registrations, transportation, lodging, etc., and related external and University forms. Process travel reimbursements.
- Process reimbursement through CONCUR.
- Procurement (purchasing).
- Submit, and track, Request for Temporary Faculty Absence form.
- File and maintain faculty documents and records.
- Provide support for all other academic/research administrative projects.
- Provide cross coverage within the department for administrative assistants as needed.
- Serve as a host and guide for faculty applicants in for interview days.
Facilities Coordinator for the Taubman Office Suite:
Tier 1 procurement delegate for the Taubman Administrative Suite, Sleep, EEG/EMG and serve as the Facilities Coordinator for the Taubman office suite. Duties include, but are not limited to: maintaining/ordering office supplies; copier maintenance; and maintain mailing supplies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- P-card management and reconciliation.
- Provide daily administrative and office support for other responsibilities of Neurology as requested.
- Interact in a professional manner with external organizations, callers, donors, news media, administrators, and officials.
- Fellowship coordination
- Manage multiple competing tasks and deadlines with energy and efficiency. Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 3-5 years of administrative assistant experience. Proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and produce detailed and accurate work; demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and work successfully within a team and also independently; excellent computer skills (especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat); excellent verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills with a strong customer focus; excellent written and oral skills; and proven ability to assess and handle highly sensitive and confidential matters.
Desired qualifications include: At least 5 years of administrative support experience; understanding of University policies and procedures; experience with Outlook, PowerPoint, P-card management and M-Pathways; knowledge of medical terminology.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.