Provide highly responsible and skilled administrative support to the Division Chief of Surgical Oncology and up to three other surgeons within Surgical Oncology and/or the Section of General Surgery.
• Screen, prioritize and route all written, electronic correspondence, telephone calls, and verbal requests responding and/or acting on behalf of faculty as appropriate.
• Work in conjunction with the Cancer Center call center, surgery schedulers and nursing staff to obtain patient information, organize clinic grids, and facilitate patient communication and access.
• Maintain calendars, interviews, and other appointments/engagements for both internal and external interactions.
• Manage Division calendars with regards to faculty and staff time-away as well as on-call paging schedules.
• Provide faculty support for education activities such as coordinating meeting and lecture times with students, residents or others.
• Responsible for collating monthly Medical Student and Surgical Resident rotation evaluations.
• Assist with the development of slides, detailed medical illustrations, graphics and other presentation materials.
• Facilitate and support academic publication documents and submissions.
• Support and prepare faculty affairs documentation (re-credentialing, promotion packets, references, renew licensures, certifications, memberships, subscriptions, etc.)
• Transcribe and edit internal and external correspondence, manuscripts, grant applications, and reviews.
• Maintain curriculum vitae and biosketches for grant applications.
• Execute complex travel arrangements for faculty through the use of Concur.
• Procure goods/services using UM Purchasing Card; reconcile P-Card statements using M-Pathways.
• Reconcile Statement of Activity for CME and other project/grants as assigned to the faculty you support.
• Assist with training and maintenance of A/V equipment and scheduling of conference rooms.
• Utilize discretion and appropriate judgment regarding sensitive and/or confidential matters.
• Cross cover breaks and vacations with team of AAs that support the Section of General Surgery.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have exceptional written and verbal interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated experience delivering excellent customer service. Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines is required. Attention to detail and follow-through and meeting deadlines with time-management and multi-tasking skills necessary. Ability to make complex travel and conference arrangements. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a dedicated team. Ideal candidate will have experience working in a team oriented atmosphere and can manage a fast paced work environment with the ability to promote professional relationships within a team environment. Attention to detail is essential. Must be proficient in use of PC and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat and Acrobat Reader.
- High school diploma or equivalent and more than 4 years of experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of experience
Bachelor degree strongly preferred. Experience with MiChart, Concur, and Wolverine Access preferred.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.