How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The UMMS Office of Regulatory Affairs (RA) seeks an Administrative Assistant Intermediate to provide a full range of administrative assistance and support to the Associate Dean, Director, Manager, and other unit staff as needed.
- Participate as an integral member of a high-functioning team that requires initiative, collaboration, critical thinking, judgment, flexibility, diplomacy, willingness to learn, communication and organizational skills, commitment, and follow-through
- Represent the office to internal and external colleagues in a pleasant and professional manner
- Provide mid-level general administrative/secretarial/clerical support with careful attention to detail, deadlines, and prioritization
- Screen, prioritize, route, and respond to written and oral correspondence and communications
- Handle sensitive and confidential information in a highly responsible manner
- Manage complex and changeable calendars
- Arrange standing and ad hoc meetings/events/conference calls, including scheduling, invitations and reminders, room reservations/set-up/audio-visual needs, agendas, discussion/presentation materials, meeting notes and follow-up, catering, etc.
- Develop and maintain convenient and efficient tools for tracking office activities, contact lists, etc.
- Assist with the efficient management and storage of large quantities of data/documents
- Assist in the design, organization, and maintenance of the office’s extra- and intra- websites in order to keep all relevant documents and links current and intuitively accessible
- Collect, compile, and analyze moderately complex data and compose straightforward written descriptions of results
- Assist with the creation of forms, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, and publications
- Make travel arrangements, arrange for cash advances, process expense reports and reimbursements
- Assist with procurement, organization, and inventory of supplies and equipment (including IT), including arranging for maintenance and service calls, work orders, etc.
- Assist with office HR responsibilities, including job postings, onboarding, offboarding, etc.
- Assist with office financial responsibilities, including tracking expenditures, P-Card and SoA reconciliation, and other financial transactions
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Participate in providing cross-coverage for other administrative assistants within office and neighboring units
- Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to organize and coordinate a large and diverse workload with attention to detail and deadlines
- Excellent written communication, including report writing and the ability to compose professional correspondence
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills
- Proficient experience in common office computer applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat, etc.)
- Ability to capture key components of meeting discussions and produce succinct and accurate minutes
- Proven ability to use discretion and appropriate judgment regarding sensitive and confidential matters
- Proven ability to work cooperatively within a team setting, yet be self-directed and able to operate with limited direct supervision
- Must have a customer service approach and a high degree of initiative
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient with web based design and maintenance
- Familiarity with regulatory oversight
- Familiarity with Medical School missions and activities
- Familiarity with institutional systems (e.g., Concur, M-Pathways, Wolverine Access, etc.), policies and procedures
- Experience working independently in an ever-changing and potentially stressful environment
5 days, M-F, 40 hours per week with the ability to flex hours based on extenuating circumstances
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.