To provide and promote exceptional customer service for referring physicians, patients and their families served in the Cornea Clinic at the Kellogg Eye Center.
- Provide check in and check out services to patients.
- Provide phone coverage for call center in clinical area.
- Schedule new and return visits determining appropriate subspecialty within a clinic based on symptoms described and urgency of the appointment request.
- Schedule patients for consultations in other clinic diagnostic studies and ambulatory surgery, determining the sequence and coordinating times.
- Instruct patients on preparations needed for appointments.
- Maintain and update appointment schedules based on change in availability of medical and other professional staff.
- Complete financial documents including type of visit, reason for service, charge for service and diagnostic code.
- Collect cash and credit card payments from patients using established guidelines to determine patient pay portion, insurance portion or professional courtesy.
- Provide information to patients regarding billing procedures.
- Determine the necessity within established guidelines for immediate attention conditions of an emergent nature.
- Reconcile clinic cash collections daily.
- Other duties as necessary.
- High school graduation or GED and 0-2 years of experience.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff, and possess excellent grammar and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Previous experience with computerized scheduling systems, basic computer applications, and multi-phone lines is desired.
- Knowledge of medical records, appointment scheduling systems and medical terminology is preferred.
- Some college desired.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.