The College of Engineering's (CoE) Office of Recruitment and Admissions (ORA) is looking for an Applicant Review Specialist to assist with a pilot program to review applications for a Master's degree program. CoE's graduate programs are top ranked in the nation and its researchers are internationally recognized. Our mission is to recruit and develop a talented and diverse body of students from all 50 states and over 100 countries.
Our Application Review Specialist will remotely review application from both domestic and international applicants. This position will be responsible for holistically assessing the quality of the application materials provided by each candidate.
This is a temporary position with an anticipated end-date of February 19, 2018. Candidates must be available to work up to 20 hours a week and must be available to travel to Ann Arbor for training. This is a remote position.
- Assist with the online review of graduate applications to the College of Engineering
- Read and evaluate a specified number of applications weekly, as determined by the supervisor.
- Effectively communicate the merits of applications.
- Evaluate applications based on criteria provided by CoE.
- Participate in interactive training sessions.
Bachelor's degree required; prior experience in academic admissions or application review preferred; strong organizational and time management skills; excellent judgement and discretion when handling confidential information and materials; demonstrated ability to meet strict deadlines; ability to work independently within guidelines provided by ORA office; strong written and oral communication skills; careful attention to detail; must have access to reliable internet and secure personal computer; basic computer knowledge and capability to learn new software quickly and efficiently.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extreme high level of organization
- Capable of working independently within a structure framework
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently and attention to detail
- Ability to use discretion in managing confidential information
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to CoE's mission
- Strong computer skills required
Michigan Engineering’s vision is to be the world’s preeminent college of engineering serving the common good. This global outlook, leadership focus and service commitment permeate our culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that, together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information about our vision, mission and values can be found at: http://strategicvision.engin.
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering component of the University’s comprehensive, five-year, DEI strategic plan—along with updates on our programs and resources dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair and inclusive environment—can be found at: http://www.engin.umich.edu/
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.