Michigan Medicine is seeking a contingent Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) to deliver comprehensive ambulatory care nutrition services to pediatric and/or adult patients in our primary care and/or specialty care ambulatory care units.
We are seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individual who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees. The Registered Dietitian Nutritionist hired will be the nutrition expert in providing high-quality nutrition services which are evidence-based and patient-centered for the patients and care team being supported.
- Provide individualized medical nutrition therapy and education to ambulatory care patients relating to prevention or disease specific general nutrition principles for populations across the lifespan.
- Manage complex nutritional needs including recommending and calculating specialized diets and formulas as necessary.
- Use Nutrition Care Process standard protocols and evidence-based methods for assessment, nutrition diagnosis, intervention and monitoring.
- Reassess the Nutrition Care Process and implement changes as indicated.
- Document nutrition care in the electronic medical record in a timely manner consistent with assigned policies and procedures.
- Maintain ongoing communication with referring physicians and other health care providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Participate in departmental and interdisciplinary meetings, task forces, and projects.
- Lead classes and/or support groups for patients with specific nutrition issues as applicable.
- Recognize the varied needs of age-specific populations, as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Abide by institutional policy for the proper use of patients’ protected health information.
- Incorporate Michigan Medicine core values of respect, compassion, trust, integrity, efficiency and leadership into all work efforts.
- Maintain productivity standards and practice effective time management.
- Contribute to quality improvement efforts.
- Precept dietetic interns.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with active registration by ACEND (Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor’s degree granted by a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff. They must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Candidates must be able to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 1-year direct outpatient care experience using the Nutrition Care Process
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition-related field
Varies based on RDN coverage needs. Hours are on a contingency basis, working 0-40 hours/week, covering medical leaves, illness, extended time off requests, or other areas where coverage need is identified throughout ambulatory care services.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.