How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Please Note: Actual salary commensurate with experience, education and equity factors.
Campus Information aims to make the University of Michigan feel like home. Serving as a starting point for those navigating U-M (students, staff, faculty, alumni, prospective students, and visitors), Campus Information shares accurate, personalized information and connects people to resources that will unlock all that the University of Michigan has to offer.
This position provides daily leadership and oversight to Campus Information, by providing supervision to approximately 30 student employees. This role is responsible for creating and updating training content/materials, evaluating quality and customer service and providing direction when evaluating new forms of communication.
Management/Student Staff Supervision (70%)
- Hire, train and supervise all student employees.
- Create, manage and implement various training and development sessions to ensure understanding of department policies and resources, and to enhance employee skills and competencies.
- Evaluate employee performance and efficiency in regards to employment renewal and promotions, provide regular feedback.
- Responsible for handling employee grievances and complaints as well as discipline when required.
- Schedule, assign and monitor the work of student employees, monitor and approve payroll.
- Other duties as assigned
- Coordinate information gathering, updating, indexing, and dissemination.
- Maintain data integrity in multiple systems.
- Help design, update, and maintain departmental internet and intranet sites.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Campus Information promotional materials, including articles in other departments’ publications.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Bachelor’s degree required
Experience working in a collaborative team environment with an emphasis on customer service
Knowledge of and comfortable with electronic resources, social media and other evolving information technologies
- Experience working with students in a higher education setting.
- Ability to effectively and proactively handle conflict.
- Strong leadership abilities and proven team-building experience.
- Excellent communication, writing, analytical, and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Google Office Applications including but not limited to Google Sites, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Forms.
Please Note: Relocation will not be offered for this position.
These are the criteria that the hiring team will be evaluating the candidate for:
- Genuine appreciation for diversity is required
- Effective communicator in written and verbal form
- Commitment to diversity and a solid understanding of cultural, ethnic and individual identities.
- Collaborative, approachable, and consultative style
- Ability to work independently and make good decisions that reflect University policies, procedures and philosophies
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, alumni and guests in a university
- Ability to meet deadlines
Monitor and track student staff costs.
This position requires flexibility in working hours including evening and weekends.
Student Staff ~ 30
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.