How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Radiology is seeking an Administrative Specialist Associate to join the Faculty Services team. The Faculty Services team plays a key role in a range of individual faculty matters including appointments, reappointments, tenure, promotion, secondary and joint appointments, and leaves. Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Finance and Faculty Services for the Department of Radiology, the Administrative Specialist Associate will be responsible for administrative and human resource departmental functions as described below. The primary customers for this role include Radiology’s Chair, Chief Department Administrator, Faculty, Finance, and central Faculty Affairs.
Is This Job Right for You? This job might be right for you if you:
- Pride yourself in providing the highest level of customer service on a consistent basis
- Want to work in a collaborative environment and understand the value in being part of a strong team
- Are able to function independently, and require minimal day-to-day supervision to deliver projects in a timely and effective manner
- Will take pride in representing Radiology with a positive attitude and demeanor
- Can be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and compliance with vital work streams
- Look forward to serving as a trusted partner with Radiology Leadership and Faculty
- Process promotions for internal faculty, all tracks
- Participate in the recruitment, pre-hire employment of appointment, credentialing, and privileging for new faculty in the department
- Process orientation and terminations for faculty and fellows
- Assist in the immigration status of new and current faculty.
- Support in the Post Doc Fellows employment process and extensions within the department. Including initiating documentation/letters for salary
- Coordinate Visiting Observers and Professors within the department
- Maintain the reporting and compliance of M-Learning mandatories. Including assigning departmental mandatories to new faculty, as needed
- Assist in updates to the internal website, faculty database, faculty files both electronic and hard copy
- Be a resource for HR related matters (i.e. LOA, FMLA, Benefits, PeoplePay and Policies/Procedures)
- Provide employment verifications for faculty and non-GME fellowships as requested
- Facilitate compliance of I9s, faculty pagers for the department
- Maintain board certifications, including updating database and initiating renewals, by becoming a Group Practice Administrator (GPA) for the American Board of Radiology. Internal tracking required for non-ABR board certifications.
- Must be a team player
- Adhoc requests as assigned
5 years of administrative experience • Track record in accurately completing transactional paperwork and meeting deadlines, ensuring compliance with established guidelines • Attention to detail is essential as well as sound judgment and the ability to problem solve effectively within appropriate guidelines and parameters • Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with faculty, and the ability to communicate effectively • Ability to research issues and keep issues confidential • Demonstrate knowledge in human resources and skills in Faculty Affairs systems • Data preparation, analysis and presentation along with project management skills • Ability to work independently, set priorities, handle multiple assignments and deadlines • Ability to create manuals, tutorials, training guides, and step by step detailed processes. • Day-to-day assignments vary from week to week allowing for a broader range of skill sets and the initiative to improve the department policies and processes for the Department of Radiology Faculty Services Office • Ability to examine HR concerns, determine options and execute on decisions made by upper management • The ability to recognize areas of improved communication and to act on them
University Hospital, Med Inn C406
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences.
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.