How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the leading global higher education brands in the world – the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI. In this role, the Account Manager is responsible for strategic marketing services, customer satisfaction, and ultimately revenue derived from a portfolio of clients and partnerships of Michigan Creative, the University of Michigan’s central marketing and creative agency. This person will be the primary point of contact for a wide variety of internal U-M clients, providing complete oversight and accountability for all marketing services and project deliverables. The Account Manager will be a member of an existing account team that operates under the vision, mission, and core values of the marketing enterprise within the Office of the Vice President for Communications. This person reports directly to the Managing Director of Michigan Creative. The Account Manager will work with a creative team of professionals to deliver strategic creative solutions for units across the University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor, the regional campuses in Dearborn and Flint, and Michigan Medicine on a fee-for-service basis. Clients represent virtually all areas of the University, and projects range from small to comprehensive integrated marketing campaigns.
- Generates creative briefs for all client projects.
- Creates detailed estimates for all client projects, coordinating with all relevant agency personnel.
- Builds detailed schedules for all projects and keeps them updated, coordinating with all relevant agency personnel.
Ongoing Project Management:
- Ensures all stakeholders are acting on deliverables and delivering in a timely manner.
- Proactively identifies and removes roadblocks to production.
- Creates plans to produce content within specified timeframes and budgets.
- Tackles organizational log jams and inefficiencies to ensure sustained momentum at all stages.
- Manages meeting and project logistics including scheduling meetings, booking photographers, coordinating revisions, etc.
- Maintains monthly forecasting for tracking actual revenue versus planned revenue for assigned clients.
- Efficiently manages and communicates milestones throughout the project lifecycle to both clients and the internal team.
- Proactively mitigates risks; comfortable adapting to changes from inception to delivery of projects.
- Ensures all deliverables are meeting client expectations, including adherence to scope of work, established timelines, and budgets.
- Maintains a project status document to track and report on action items.
- Communicates project statuses regularly to Account Supervisor, client and internal team.
- Informs Account Supervisor regularly of account progress for all assigned clients.
- Undergraduate degree required. An advanced degree or comparable certification, training, or educational life experience, a plus.
- Superior capability in managing many details across many projects.
- Deadline-driven, with the ability to self-manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advertising or marketing agency experience; experience marketing to higher education, health systems, or related fields a plus.
- Proven experience developing and executing strategic marketing plans for clients.
- Ability to manage all different project types (brand, print, web, video, etc.).
- Motivated, goal-oriented, and persistent.
- Handles deadlines and creative chaos well.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to use creative thinking to identify and solve problems.
- Proficient user and quick learner of project management tools such as Microsoft Project, TeamGantt, Slack, etc.
- An effective leader and a team player.
- Ability to keep things light and have fun in the process.
- Reports to the Managing Director of Michigan Creative
- Works within the Office of Michigan Creative
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.