How to Apply
We, the staff and faculty of the U-M Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence. Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Applicants are expected to review the following PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of the Cardiovascular Centers philosophy and culture:
Assess and evaluate the overall clinical picture and needs of this TMVR/Tricuspid patient population. Work in an integrated fashion with physicians, advanced practice, Cardiac Surgery Clinical team, Structural Heart Clinical team, physical therapists, nutritionists, discharge coordinators, and other consulting services to provide high quality patient care for inpatients and outpatients.
- Provide education and orientation for patients pre and post procedure.
- Provide professional nursing support to the Cardiac Surgeons, Cardiologist, Structural Heart Team.
- Collaborate closely with the advanced practice member to facilitate an efficient workflow and coordinate support of the TMVR Program.
- Orders for appropriate testing
- Confirm appropriateness of patients being evaluated
- Monitor for test results and outside records
- Answer and manage all incoming patient phone calls.
- Provide post-op phone call
- Confirm dental clearance
- Perform KCC9
- First line of defense for red-calls
- Facilitate prior authorizations
- Coordination of Scheduling and Booking procedures-RN involvement due to patient assessment for which patients takes priority due to limited OR time.
- Coordination of diagnostic studies and lab work pre/post procedure.
- Coordinate with Vendors regarding supplies and uploading images
- Round on inpatients with APP/physicians to facilitate transitions of care including patient education/medication review/etc.
- Collaborates with the CCC to ensure all patients are communicated and engaged in the plan of care.
- Utilizes the electronic medical record to complete documentation and support care provided.
- Emphasis on providing innovative clinical leadership, support, and mentoring to facilitate the development of TMVR.
- Participates in data collection for the Adult Cardiac Surgery database and other QA/QI endeavors related to our TMVR population.
- Participate in clinical trials now and in future.
Nursing Specific Info
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of past employment including months and years of service along with effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined. If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) 936-5183.
Nursing Specific Info
Salary & Nursing Framework Level:
This UMPNC RN posting is posted under the Role-Specific Advancement Model (RSAM) as:
Actual RSAM LEVEL and salary will be determined at time of hire.
RSAM levels range from ENC-COMPETENT to ENC-EXPERT TO ENC-MASTERY.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in Adult Cardiology and/or Adult Cardiac Surgery patients with demonstrated expert clinical leadership abilities.
- Strong ability to coordinate and lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates the ability to think creatively and facilitate innovative solutions to improve access and support growth of a program.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to work collaboratively with a team to define processes.
- Recent experience providing outpatient phone triage.
- Recent experience with providing patient/family preoperative teaching. Demonstrated ability to be flexible and to positively contribute to a team. Must be detail oriented and be able to manage rapidly changing clinical situations.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate the clinical care needs of complex patients.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate in an effective and clear manner, the pertinent clinical issues to the team. Highly motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to function independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments and manage busy work environment. Must reflect a professional appearance and demeanor and possess excellent customer service skills.
Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Experience in clinical leadership role in Adult Cardiology and/or Adult Cardiac Surgery patients.
- Previous experience in an ambulatory cardiology clinic
- Experience developing a new program
- Previous experience with MiChat, Epic, MiChart super user.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, and current surgical, as well as pharmacological treatment of the Adult Cardiac Surgery patient population.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in planning, developing, and implementing complex Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- Demonstrated active participation in unit operations and/or clinical programs. Recent experience with providing patient/family postoperative discharge teaching in the Cardiac Surgery population.
- ACLS Certified.
Shift: Day Shift, 4 days- varied days and hours, No on call. Could include weekends and/or afternoons in future
Location: Cardiovascular Center- CVC Clinic, coule include travel in the future.
Coverage: Time off will be supported in collaboration with the structural heart TAVR nurse.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.