How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking a highly motivated professional to join our administrative team as Executive Assistant Assoc Health. This role will support the Chair of Emergency Medicine and is an excellent opportunity to advance your career as a member of the Emergency Medicine administrative team. The role will perform a variety of professional and administrative duties. We are seeking a candidate to perform duties of a highly responsible, sensitive, and confidential nature requiring outstanding interpersonal skills, judgment and discretion. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment and will represent the Department to internal and external customers.
The purpose of this position is to provide advanced secretarial and administrative support to the Chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine. Ability to work as part of a team is essential. Deals with confidential and sensitive information. Makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing and prioritizing work.
- Liaison with key internal and external professions on behalf of the Chair.
- Complex calendar and schedule management; includes exercising judgment in setting priority for efficient use of time and responding to frequent changes in the schedule.
- Coordinate numerous and complex meetings and conference calls.
- Facilitate faculty recruit visits including scheduling and coordinating interviews, hosting, and spousal orientation and house hunting tours.
- Process and maintain financial documents (concur, travel expense report, non-po's, etc.)
- Answers departmental phones and routes calls appropriately.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for Chair.
- Assist in preparation and editing of Power-point presentations that might include charts and graphs.
- Coordinate two faculty meetings per month. Includes coordinating agenda, taking minutes and ordering food.
- Attend monthly Chairs Assistants meetings.
- Manage faculty performance evaluation process including gathering of materials.
- Coordinate annual hospitality event at major conferences/meetings.
- Types dictation.
- Maintains curriculum vitae and biosketches.
- Coordinates various department-wide administrative projects are requested
- Must have exceptional written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience delivering excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines is required.
- Attention to detail and follow-through and meeting deadlines with time-management and multi-tasking skills necessary.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a dedicated team.
- Must be proficient in use of PCs and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Acrobat and Acrobat Reader.
- Demonstrated experience with leading a project or seeing a project through completion.
- High school diploma and 5+ years of administrative support experience.
- Bachelors of Science
Taubman Center, Ann Arbor.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.