How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Precision Health is a new initiative within the university that will engage faculty across the entire campus in aspects of Precision Health discovery, translation, implementation and policy research. The project is in the pre-launch phase with internal funding for three years and a goal to raise significant additional funds through the UM Development Office through the leadership of Dr. Marschall Runge, EVPMA and President Schlissel. The Precision Health project will focus on a set of specific use cases as well as create a support infrastructure accessible to faculty to assist their individual and collective research efforts.
- Conducts and coordinates the analysis, design and implementation of computer based information systems to meet user requirements.
- Plans and directs preliminary studies of potential electronic data processing applications and prepares design proposals to reflect costs, time and alternative actions to satisfy existing and future needs of the corporation.
- Participates in systems software development and maintenance as required.
- Conducts detailed analysis of defined systems specifications and develops all levels of block diagrams and flow charts.
- Assists in the preparation of costs analyses and justifications of data processing systems.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
- Conducts a full range of programming tasks including program design, program coding, debugging and documentation for a variety of general applications programs including data manipulation, input and output routines reflecting a variety of equipment configurations.
- Programs logical interfaces and applies techniques for efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Develops operator and control instructions; maintains and updates existing programs of a non-routine nature.
- Conducts systems programming and support activities such as new or revised segments of language codes or processing.
- Monitors effective hardware utilization, reviews system logic for optimum throughput.
- Work frequently includes program maintenance and error detection/correction of existing codes/languages and/or revisions to systems documentation.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of systems analysis/programming activities in a business environment
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Able to utilize Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and data mining functionalities for business related applications
- Experienced with Reporting Services to design, create and maintain various reporting tools
- Experience with C, C++, C# and ASP .Net 2010 and higher.
- Experience with Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Experience writing and debugging Microsoft SQL Server Stored Procedures, Scalar Functions, Common Table Expressions (CTE) and Table-Valued Functions.
- Experience in health-system information technology
- Familiarity with health system operation
May underfill as App Programer/Analyst Associate. Candidates would have less than 3 years of related experience and require greater oversight
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.