How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Provide highly responsible and skilled outpatient clerical support to the Surgical Specialty Clinic II, working with patients/families and faculty to schedule inpatient/outpatient surgery in the Mott and UH operating rooms with a high level of customer service and attention to detail.
Obtain detailed benefit information for all aspects of surgery including medical and dental benefits. Answer multi-line phone, screen and prioritize patient phone calls, and make new and return visit patient appointments using MiChart. Function as part of a multidisciplinary team with the Nurse Practitioner, Dental Assistant and Physician in the coordination of patient care. Explain office visit and surgical fees, facilitating insurance and financial arrangements with patients and insurance companies. Use online verification systems such as WebDenis, Medicaid, and the imaging system. Initiate the prior authorization process including contacting third party payers for financial approval and/or verification of coverage. Follow up with surgery denials and the appeal process. Provide detailed billing information to the professional billing office regarding surgeries and planned admissions. Coordinate surgeries with orthodontist offices. Collect cash and credit card payment for office visit co pays and/or surgical fees using established guidelines. Transcribe and edit all surgical prior authorization requests and provide general clerical support to Surgical Specialty Clinic II. Function in the clinical setting as an outpatient clerk. Take patient photos as requested.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Some clerical experience, preferably in a medical setting is necessary.
- 3-4 years of experience is required.
- Working knowledge of MiChart, and general computer experience.
- Ability to understand medical and dental terminology along with ICD-10 and dental coding.
- Understanding of managed care plans.
- Excellent verbal skills and demonstrated team effort.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- They must be organized, a self-starter and motivated with strong problem solving skills.
- Must have previous customer service experience, good communication skills, and the ability to work well with others.
- Prior experience performing complex scheduling.
- Familiarity obtaining medical records or professional billing.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- Demonstrated active listen, written, and information technology skills.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of University policies & procedures.
M-F 8am- 5pm
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.