- Provide check in and check out services to patients
- Provide phone coverage
- Schedule new and return visits determining the sequence and coordinating times
- Instruct patients on preparations needed for appointments
- Maintain and update appointment schedules
- Complete financial documents including type of visit, reason for service, charge for service and diagnostic code
- Determine the necessity within established guidelines for immediate attention conditions of an emergent nature
- Display exceptional customer service
- Uploading images
- High school graduation or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff, and possess excellent grammar and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and availability to work a flexible work schedule are essential.
- Some college preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is helpful.
- Previous experience with computerized scheduling systems, basic computer applications, and multi-phone lines is desired.
- Knowledge of medical records, appointment scheduling systems and medical terminology preferred.
This position will work PART TIME TO FULL TIME hours dependent upon staffing needs.
Dependent upon staffing needs, the selected candidate for this position will work primarily at one of 9 clinic locations, some of which are community sites located in cities other than Ann Arbor. (Brighton, Ypsilanti, West Bloomfield, Milford, Canton, Chelsea).
- The ability lift and carry 20 pounds and climb stairs may be necessary dependent upon clinic location.
- This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
- This temporary position may meet eligibility requirements for health care benefits.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The Kellogg Eye Center of the University of Michigan is dedicated to enhancing quality of life by preserving and restoring vision. Our guiding principles are teamwork, caring, innovation and integrity.
- Teamwork: We are a collegial, productive and collaborative community.
- Caring: We are respectful and compassionate.
- Innovation: Our curiosity drives innovation and the quest for knowledge.
- Integrity: Our ethics are built on openness, honest and trust
Job openings are posted for a minimum of three calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.