Dexter Heath Center is an Ambulatory Care Health Clinic dedicated to providing exceptional primary care and specialty services to adults and children. We are seeking a compassionate and enthusiastic professional with an interest in creating the ideal experience for our patients and team members. Candidates must be flexible and willing to work in various clerical positions based on clinic need.
A cover letter is required to accompany the resume when applying for this position and should address the folowing points:
- What prior experience have you had to prepare you for this position?
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What does customer service mean to you?
- Provide excellent customer service while performing the following responsibilities:
- Appointment check in and check out
- Collection of copayments and deductibles and reconcilliation of cash drawer
- Call center support
- Appointment scheduling
- Verify and update patient information
- Provide basic information to patients and field various patient inquiries
- Other tasks assigned by Clerical Lead
- High School Diploma or GED and 0-2 years of experience.
- Candidates for this position must be dependable and team oriented.
- Must have clerical experience in a healthcare setting.
- Must be computer proficient.
- Must exhibit professional behavior at all times.
- Must maintain high moral and ethical standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- Ability to communiate effectively.
- Demonstarted active listening, written, verbal, and information techology skills.
- Experience with Family Medicine or Primary Care.
- Knowledge of University of Michigan policies and procedures.
- Experience working with an EMR is ideal.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
Candidates for this position must be willing to work weekly or rotating evening shifts or Saturdays. Dexter Health Center is open until 7pm on Monday and Wednesday evenings and until noon on Saturdays.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.