- Maintaining the integrity of the inventory and storage space in the assigned inventory locations in a manner consistent with infection control, safety and supply chain best practices.
- Inventory receiving / stocking for assigned services and areas.
- Cycle counting in designated sites, including counting inventory, rotating stock and maintaining the overall orderliness of the assigned inventory and stock locations. Achieve inventory accuracy goals.
- Maintenance of appropriate inventory levels through proactive stocking, supply ordering and / or collaboration with the clinical team and supply chain analysts.
- Learn and utilize the supply chain systems to update cycle counts, troubleshoot issues and improve inventory integrity.
- Keep both the physical inventory storage locations well organized and labeled, and maintain the inventory systems to always align our system information with the physical inventory location(s) for every item.
- Cross-train in multiple supply chain areas to cover additional / different supply chain responsibilities when needed.
- Participate in lean / continuous improvement efforts.
- Proactively seek ways to support both the clinical team and the assigned supply chain analysts, for example by evaluating safety stock / par levels and suggesting updates or evaluating supplier lead times and other performance variation to improve inventory accuracy and accomplish team goals.
- Utilize analytics / root cause analysis to troubleshoot issues, improve inventory accuracy and reduce process variation.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of High school diploma with at least two years of relevant supply chain / inventory control work experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to details and follow-up.
- Basic understanding of material flow, information analysis and electronic inventory.
- Experience with problem solving, resolution and root cause analysis
- Proficiency with Excel, and a strong aptitude for technology and data analytics.
- Proactive about continuous learning and improvement
- Team first mentality.
- Bachelor degree in applicable field of study, or Associates degree with relevant supply chain / inventory control work experience.
- Experience with medical products/terminology and clinical practices
- Experience with inventory control / cycle counting.
- Basic understanding of lean principles.
Day or evening shift may be required.
Supervision Received: Reports to Supply Chain Manager or Supervisor
Supervision Exercised: None
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.