The University of Michigan has a challenging and rewarding opportunity available for a responsible, organized, and motivated individual in Corpus Christi, TX. Our office is hiring for a leadership position as part of a long running neurology research project.
Please email your resume to Nelda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will involve oversight of the daily operations of the project and is critically important to the success of the project. The core duties of this position will include:
- Personnel management including assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, leading weekly staff meetings, completing performance evaluations, time and mileage approvals, and assisting in the hiring process for new staff.
- Maintaining positive community ties and serving as a representative of the project to partnering hospitals and organizations.
- Managing IRB applications, amendments and continuing reviews, as directed by investigators.
- Managing human subject incentives program (HSIP) account and distributing funds to staff.
- Working with project manager and database manager on data cleansing and management.
- Conducting field data collection, patient interviews, medical record abstractions, and other staff coordinator tasks as needed.
- Interacting with project principal investigators on direction of research.
- Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years' experience in a related field.
- The candidate must be very detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others, and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in research and personnel management is required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
- Experience with human subjects research including IRBs is required.
- Candidate will be required to cross-train in all job duties of the staff he/she oversees.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and chart review experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, data entry, etc.), and technical skills preferred.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.