Candidate will work with the primary/specialty care teams, at both our Dominos Farms and Med Inn clinic locations, to manage patient flow in a fast paced outpatient clinic setting. Essential skills include: efficient patient intake, managing clinic flow, and general support to our providers.
- Must be flexible to travel between two clinics and provide coverage where needed.
- Escort patients within the clinic.
- Provide clinic assistance by taking vital signs and assisting patients.
- Data entry into MiChart or other systems utilized within UMHS.
- Download data card for provider review.
- Patient follow up and prescription management.
- Work with insurance companies to obtain prior authorizations for medications.
- Maintain stock levels in exam rooms.
- When necessary, order medical supplies utilized within the clinic.
- Clean intake area and exam rooms.
- Proactively serve as a liaison between patients and UMHS personnel to ensure adequate response and patient satisfaction.
- Communicate/collaborate with internal and external customers to ensure an integrated approach to services.
- Identify and track reoccurring operational problems; enact change and provide resolutions.
- Able to resolve most questions and problems using critical thinking and conflict resolution skills.
- Required to have knowledge and adhere to University and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain security of all databases and ensure confidentiality of employee and patient information.
- Perform special projects as requested.
- Attend necessary meetings.
- Train new hires if necessary.
- This position requires extensive standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring of patients.
- General supervision is received the Health Center Manager, Physician, Nursing, or other designated official.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program
- Experience in a health care environment.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as, lifting positioning, pushing, and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information techology skills.
- Certification as a medical assistant
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Adhere to high standards of teamwork by demonstrating adaptability, flexibility, and consistently sharing information and resources with others.
- Demonstrate dependability, initiative, ability to prioritize, and ability to accept direction.
- Ability to problem solve and proactively address issues when they arise.
- Commitment to process improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Basic computer literacy with typing accuracy and speed.
- Excellent listening skills
- Experience working within a large, complex, healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic medical record systems.
- Knowledge of university policies & procedures.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.