The Briarwood Medical Group Ambulatory Care Unit (ACU) is a Patient Centered Medical Home in the Division of General Medicine, which provides team-based primary care to adult patients. The primary mission of the ACU is to provide timely, high-quality, evidence-based, empathetic care to a population of diverse patients while also upholding the academic mission of Michigan Medicine through the education of medical students and residents. We are seeking a compassionate and enthusiastic Medical Assistant to join our team. This individual will share our priorities which include: high quality medical care, excellent customer service, commitment to innovation, safety of staff and patients, efficiency, employee satisfaction, stewardship of resources and the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
- Work directly with one provider and care team to deliver excellent and timely patient care
- Ensure efficient patient flow in a fast paced Internal Medicine outpatient setting
- Complete patient intake including taking vitals, obtain medical and surgical history and document chief complaint
- Reconcile outside records and document clinical information in patient chart in electronic medical record
- Assist providers with point of care alerts for overdue services
- Assist with diagnostic procedures and treatments
- Provide clinical assistance by performing immunization/medication administration, EKG’s, bench testing and procedures as necessary
- Assist with obtaining medication prior authorizations
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Experience with clinic medical office or other Ambulatory Care setting.
- Candidate must demonstrate team effort, be able to work independently, have good organization skills.
- Candidate must have an excellent attendance record, but also be flexible in assignment and work schedule.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Certified as medical assistant.
- Experience working with Epic.
- Understanding of university policies and procedures.
Hours: Full time
Shift: Mon-Fri with occasional late evening and/or Saturdays
Market Title: Medical Assistant
Department Name: Briarwood Medical Group
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.