The Office of Campus Sustainability seeks a full time Temporary Warehouse Assistant addition to the Waste Bin Standardization Initiative. The successful candidate will champion our warehouse operation and work with 3-5 student employees.
- Receiving and cataloging inventory
- Unpacking bins, signs, labels and sign holders
- Assembling bins and sign holders
- Gathering and palletizing bins and other supplies for building rollouts
- Assisting with placing and removing bins from buildings
- Cleaning removed bins
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Use a computer and familiarize themselves with a variety of Google-based tools
- Be comfortable communicating in person and via email
- Ability to move and transport 30 lbs
- Prioritize tasks to ensure that the project remains on time
- Work independently and with a team
This position will work on UM's North Campus.
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.