How to Apply
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) temporary job opening.
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
NPs are directed to apply to job # 149530 and PAs are directed to apply to job # 149531
A total of one (1), Advanced Practice Professionals (either NP or PA) will be hired to fill this temporary job opening.
To provide direct cardiac specialty health care to patients and families in the acute inpatient and outpatient clinic electrophysiology setting. Practice will be in partnership with attending EP cardiology faculty and fellows. Will: Utilize the nursing process as a framework for managing client/family care. Assess, diagnose and treat health problems for the electrophysiology patient population. Perform health assessments including patient history, physical examinations, diagnostic tests and appropriate interventions or referrals. Document patients care and progress and maintain complete and detailed patient records while working in clinic or on the inpatient EP Consult Team. Develop and implement patient education programs and staff lectures and in-service programs. Serve as a preceptor for graduate nursing and nurse practitioner students. Participate in the development of policies, procedures and protocols including standards of care. Participate in research projects.
NOTE: This position is also posted in the Nurses job family under number 149530 for NPs to apply.
Required Qualifications (NP):
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner specialty certification in the State of Michigan.
- Current specialty certification to practice as an Adult-Gerontology Acute NP or Acute NP
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
Required Qualifications (PA):
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
Required Qualifications for both NP and PA candidates:
- DEA license required, or ability to obtain DEA license within 30 days of start date required.
- A minimum of 1 year APP experience
- Five years of clinical experience, with minimum of 3 years in providing care to patients with arrhythmias, CIEDs, syncope, heart failure and acute coronary syndromes in an inpatient setting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult cardiac physiology, including ECG interpretation.
- Experience in caring for patients with arrhythmias, CIEDs, syncope, heart failure and coronary syndromes in an Ambulatory setting.
- Demonstrates Patient and Family Centered Care with a focus on improving care for all patients.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to hand off pertinent clinical issues to the team in an effective, safe, and clear manner.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to function independently and as a team member.
- Ability to demonstrate good computer skills including computer documentation and order entry.
- ACLS certified
* Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
* Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- Must demonstrate a high level of independent problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Demonstrated expertise in facilitating the educational growth of others through previous clinical instructional roles.
Shift/Hours/Days: 8 hour shifts (minimum 2 shifts/month)
This could include rotating through Saturdays in the future.
Department/Location: Cardiology/Cardiovascular Center
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Physician Assistant opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail UMHS_PArecruit@med.umich.edu. For a current listing of all open PA job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMHSpa.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.