How to Apply
This is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) temporary job opening.
Both qualified NP and PA applicants will be considered.
NPs are directed to apply to job # 149533 and PAs are directed to apply to job # 149534
A total of one (1), Advanced Practice Professionals (either NP or PA) will be hired to fill this temporary job opening.
Nursing Specific Info
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner specialty certification in the State of Michigan.
- Current specialty certification to practice as an Adult-Gerontology Acute NP or Acute NP.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- DEA license required, or ability to obtain DEA license within 30 days of start date required.
- Minimum 1 year APP experience
- Experience rounding on an inpatient internal medicine or hospitalist based service for a minimum of 12 months caring for acutely ill patients on the general, step-down, or ICU setting.
- Demonstrated ability to complete history and physical examination; order appropriate diagnostic studies; synthesize information and make informed clinical decisions; develop appropriate care plans; responsive to patient and family preferences and needs.
- Demonstrated high level of critical thinking and medical knowledge by using current medical information and scientific evidence for patient care. Ability to prioritize assignments and manage a busy work environment. Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange and collaboration with patients, families and health professionals.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate clinical care ideas across multiple patient care services and to communicate effectively as a patient advocate.
- Demonstrated commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, sensitivity to diversity, and sharing knowledge with team members..
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult cardiac physiology.
- Must be ACLS certified.
- Ability to work days, weekends, and holidays to cover a 24/7 Heart Failure Inpatient Program and have flexibility to provide coverage for unit needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a care team with the goal of service excellence and patient family centered care.
* Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
* Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal & external applicants):
You must attach a complete and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- 3-5 years’ experience caring for acutely ill patient in hospital setting including Heart Failure Pre and Post-Transplant patients, multisystem involvement internal medicine comorbities, familiarity with immunosuppressoin medication including common side effects and drug interactions.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and appropriately treat immunocompromised patients.
- Experience in thoracentesis and paracentesis, arterial blood gases.
- Ability to demonstrate good computer skills including computer documentation and order entry.
- Demonstrates ability to function independently and as a team member, working collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrated clinical leadership and experience with coordinating and managing complex, patients and providing safe hand offs to the next provider.
- Demonstrated expertise in facilitating the educational growth of others through previous clinical instructional roles.
Shift/Hours/Days: 24/7 coverage, days/nights/weekends/holidays on rotation (willing to consider straight nights for an experienced candidate)
12-hour shifts - Minimum 2 shifts/month
Department: Heart Failure Transplant
Location: Cardiovascular Center
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
This job opening is for a Unit-Based Temporary NP position with Heart Failure Transplant
* Please note that these positions do not qualify for UMHS benefits and specific terms and conditions of employment are negotiated at the department level.
These positions are not covered under the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Michigan and the Michigan Nurses Association and the U of M Professional Nurse Council.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
If you have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with Advanced Practice Nursing opportunities please contact Nurse and Physician Assistant Recruitment at (734) 936-5183 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For a current listing of all open APRN job opportunities at Michigan Medicine, please visit www.UMnursing.org.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.