How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. You must supply a copy of your current resume and a cover letter to be considered. As a part of your cover letter, please provide the name of a faculty member in your graduate program who would be willing to attest to your performance in the program and recommend you as a Graduate Student Ambassador.
The Office of Graduate Programs is seeking currently enrolled graduate students to serve as a Graduate Student Ambassador Program. Students will be hired by UM-Flint to do the following:
- Make recruitment calls to prospective students who have recently requested information on your graduate program. The number of calls and days of the week will vary depending on the number of prospective students and your availability. Calls will be made on your personal phone or from our office.
- Serve as an on-campus representative for your program. Upon request, you may be asked to arrange on-campus meetings between you and prospective student(s) of your program, according to your availability. As a part of this campus visit, you may be asked to do any of the following:
- Have a meal or coffee on-campus with a current student (voucher provided by the Office of Graduate Programs)
- Give a departmental and/or brief tour of campus
- Introduce the student to other students and/or faculty in your program or department
- Allow the student to sit in on a class with you
- Correspond with prospective graduate students of your program via email
- Assist with recruitment efforts by working in the Graduate Programs Office as needed or at events as requested such as orientation, open houses, etc.
The pay rate for the Graduate Student Ambassador is $13.50 per hour, with the potential for increases for good job performance. Applications will be reviewed and on-campus interviews with select candidates will be conducted immediately after the position closing.
For additional information or to ask questions, please contact Erin Strom at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (810) 762-3171.
- Currently enrolled UM-Flint graduate student
- Have completed at least 6 credit hours in your graduate program
- Overall graduate GPA of 3.0
- Native language of English, or a score of 90 or better on the TOEFL or 7.0 on the IELTS (or equivalent score on another language exam)
- Pleasant & outgoing personality
- Willingness to work with prospective students via telephone, email and in-person
- Ability to make phone calls from your personal cell phone or during evening hours in the Graduate Programs Office
- Must provide the name of a faculty member in your graduate program who would be willing to attest to your performance in your program and recommend you as a Graduate Student Ambassador.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.