Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why work on the Michigan Medicine Ophthalmology Team?
As an Optician with Michigan Medicine, you will work directly with our patients to provide exceptional customer service when they visit our optical shop. In many cases, you’ll be the first and last person patients see during their appointment, so providing a positive and welcoming experience during their visit will be essential. You will be able to service both adult and pediatric patients, ranging in acuity levels. You will advise patients on choosing eyeglass frames and lenses that best suits their lifestyle and prescription requirements. Additionally, you will fit and adapt eyewear, complete minor eyeglasses repairs, and verify glasses in the lensometer.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- 75% tuition reimbursement
- State of the Art technology
- Paid holidays
- Tremendous team support
- Financial assistance with obtaining certifications and continuing education
What skills will you use?
- You will complete and submit required paperwork for eyeglass orders and insurance claims
- You will confidently complete minor repairs such as realigning frames and replacing broken screws
- You will measure patients for interpupilary distance and segment heights
- You will navigate Office/Mate/Eyefinity software to enter in orders and payments
- American Board of Opticianry Certified or agrees to become certified within 2 years of employment
- Minimum of three years of on the job experience as a Dispensing Optician
- Skilled in frame styling
- Able to apply press-on Fresnel prisms
- Adept at pediatric dispensing
This is a full-time position, working Monday through Friday. The hours depend on the clinic operation hours. Traveling between the Ann Arbor or Canton offices may occur occasionally based on staffing needs.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together improve our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering current employees exclusively in an effort to offer advancement opportunities to our tenured employees. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration during this period but our process for external employees will begin 30 days after the posting date.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.