The Ypsilanti Health Center Ambulatory Care Unit (ACU) is a Patient Centered Medical Home in the Department of Family Medicine and Pediatrics. We provide timely, high-quality, evidenced-based, empathetic care to a population of diverse patients while also upholding the academic mission of Michigan Medicine through the education of medical students and residents. We are seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and self-driven Clinic Lead to partner with the Administrative Manager to ensure coordination of clinic activities and operations to deliver optimal patient care. This individual will share our priorities which include: high quality medical care, excellent customer service, commitment to innovation, safety of staff and patients, efficiency, employee satisfaction, stewardship of resources and the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Manage and track provider time and coordinate with other Leads to ensure appropriate staffing levels; work with the Residency Program to coordinate Resident clinics and ensure adequate provider coverage. Act in the Administrative Manager's stead when absent from clinic. Respond to patient inquiry and follow up on patient complaints.
Work with Leads or appropriate parties to resolve day to day operational issues. Partner with YHC Leadership to ensure successful training and rollout of all new Practice Transformation initiatives in the health center. Follow up on rollout of new initiatives including looking at data to track success and work with administrative manager to resolve issues. Lead and implement special projects as assigned.
Assist with all hiring activities including resume reviewing and interviewing. Work with Leads to onboard staff and orient staff to health center policies and processes.
Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully work with all levels of faculty and staff.
- Must possess demonstrate ability to take initiative, work independently, prioritize, manage multiple assignments, and follow through on job responsibilities.
- Experience with Epic/MiChart.
- Project management experience a plus.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience.
- Strong office computing experience required; advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications highly desired.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.