Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest Michigan Medicine Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis in Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individuals who will share in the goal of crafting the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and are important to providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don’t hesitate – join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance our patients in the Brighton area.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Growth opportunities to higher seniority positions
- Management that provides quality training and direction
- Direct communication and partnership with Nurse Practitioners and Physicians
- Potential exposure to many Specialty Care Departments
What skills will you master?
- You will coordinate medical assistant schedules, managing requests for time off, and ensuring adequate coverage within departments.
- You will manage complex procedure room schedules, MiChart admin inbasket, provide faculty administrative support, train staff, and promote practices for patient centered excellence.
- You will ensure that patients with urgent needs are scheduled appropriately, and monitor patient access, patient flow, and patient wait times to optimize patient care experiences.
- You will serve as a point of contact for complicated issues and patient concerns. Manage faculty schedules, including adjusting existing templates, adding new days and closing days.
- You will monitor faculty time away calendars.
- You will collaborate closely with faculty, allied health, and administrative staff.
- You will work as a functional supervisor and will lead daily huddles, and embrace and incorporate “lean in daily work” concepts.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Medical Assistant Certification
- BA or BS degree with experience in health care setting.
- To lead our team, we are looking for an individual that possesses strong leadership skills, exhibits a high standard of personal and professional conduct, and can work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, handling multiple responsibilities in a dynamic environment.
What will your work schedule look like?
The facility is open 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday through Friday, and 7:00 AM – 12:00 PM on Saturday. We are flexible in scheduling, and request that you are also flexible in working various shifts
As part of the orientation training process, your training will be held at multiple locations during your first few months of the employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: Please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering internal candidates only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external candidates will begin approximately 30-days after the posting date.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.